Why You Should Consider Dance Socks
Dancers dance barefoot because they like to feel the floor: for comfort, your dance teacher told them to. Regardless of the reason, there might be a reason you’ll start wearing dance socks from now on.
Dance socks are used commonly in the contemporary dance world.
- Helps prevent injury
- It provides you a protective layer without having to be barefoot
- Light padding at the bottom of the foot
- They’re breathable
- Prevents blisters, splits, and fungi
- Allows you to feel the floor without wearing your ballet shoes, half soles, or if you already dance barefoot
- Dance socks provide proper support, especially on your arch.
- It makes it easier to perform technical dance movements.
- Some socks provide great added features for your feet: traction, compression, mesh ventilation, etc.
- They give you a polish look while dancing.
If you’ve never tried dancing socks, you might want to give it a chance. They can help provide that muscle support to keep you dancing longer while giving you the ability to have more control over the articulation of your foot.