Ways To Overcome Performance Anxiety
Everyone experiences performance anxiety from time to time. Even the best performer has moments where they go through this. It’s about refocusing your mind away from everyone else and just enjoying the moment. Here are some tips that might help you with your performance anxiety:
- Preparation. Remember, you’ve been practicing every moment you can for this day. Showing everyone how much you’ve prepared for your performance all your hard work will get you excited to perform.
- Be your #1 cheerleader. You got this! And keep telling yourself that. Your best source of positive energy is from yourself. Once you harness it, you’ll be unstoppable.
- Breathe. Take a moment and take a few deep breaths. After a while, you’ll notice how calmer you feel. Breathing allows your body to slow down and relax.
- Find ways to distract yourself. Listen to music. Focus on your stretching. Watch a funny video. Redirecting your mind away for just a few moments helps you be in the present instead of worrying about your performance.
- Visualize before your performance. Sit there and visualize your perfect dance performance, find your happy place, or think about your favorite four-legged creature back home. You’ll feel a lot more confidence the minute your feet touch the stage.
Be proud of how hard you’ve worked for your big day. The more you do this, the less stressful you’ll feel before every dance performance.